Do you want to dominate on the airsoft field? If you do, you will need to learn airsoft tactics and strategies. This will be an introduction to strategies and tactics you can use in airsoft. Even if you are an experienced airsoft, this article will be a helpful reminder of some basic tactics.
Something you may already be aware of is cover fire. Cover fire is the act of laying down a hail of BBs so that you teammates can move to a different position. Whether your teammates are advancing or retreating, you will find yourself needing to lay down cover fire a lot in the game of airsoft.
You will not be able to play airsoft effectively unless you communicate with rest of your airsoft team. There are primarily three ways to communicate with your teammates. A common and effective way is with radio transmissions. If your entire team is using it, radio transmission can be very effective because it is stealthy and communicates to all of your teammates what is happening. Probably the best way to communicate is with hand signals because they are silent and you can quickly communicate what you want. The disadvantage of hand signals is the fact that you will need to learn and memorize them before the game. Hand signals are the way many experienced airsoft players communicate. The simplest way to communicate is verbally. Even though it is simple, you should try to avoid it because you may give your position or plans away when you talk out loud.
When playing airsoft, it is a good idea to stay on the move. If you stay in one spot, the chances of you being flanked and shot greatly increases. Instead, you need to try to move and flank your opponent.
If are you are going to stay in one spot, you should be in a position where you will for sure see your opponents before they see you. If you can’t find a position like that, your better off staying on the move.
In airsoft, you don’t want to rush. If you are lucky enough to have a great position and shot, don’t rush it. If you don’t take your time to be accurate, you just wasted your shot. You want to wait till you are most likely to make your shot. However, you don’t want to wait so long that your opponents see you and shoot you first.
Always be safe:
- Unless you are in a game that is going, never point your gun at somebody.
- Never look down the barrel of your gun (I hope this is obvious).
- Never shoot your airsoft gun in a public place. You should never bring your gun into a public place in the first place.
- You shouldn’t shoot your gun if there is not a magazine inside it. Also, don’t think that because there isn’t a mag in your gun, you are okay to shoot it. There could be a BB stuck inside, and your gun might shoot without a magazine.
- That last point brings me to this point. Act as if your gun is always loaded.
- Always make sure that your gun is out of reach of chlidren.
- Probably the most important rule when playing airsoft is to always wear eye protection. Check out our list of the best airsoft eye protection.